It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

XML, XSL and XHTML, oh my!

I've moved into the next stage of my project at work and am now up to my eyeballs in XML and XSL. So far I like what I see. I've already had to get "creative" to work a few things out and it's pretty fun seeing these bits come together. I'm sure there are plenty of ways for me to improve what I've done; for now, I just want to get the logic working, and then I'll clean up once I have a good starting point. This is my first foray into the XML/XSL world and there's nothing like a trial by fire to learn things fast.

OK, so I don't really have anything to say about XHTML in this particular post. I can say, however, that I have at least one page of my application almost entirely code-generated (and not from XML/XSL) and validating perfectly to HTML 4.01 Transitional. I'm not going to be overly picky about which DTD I validate to - I'm more concerned that I do validate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home