It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Skip this book

I finally got around to reading Left For Dead by Beck Weathers. I was hoping for a good, solid story of his trip up Mt. Everest, his amazing rescue, and the aftermath. And that story was about a third of the book. But most of it was a biography of his entire life, his depression, and how badly he treated his family. I lost interest quickly when I realized that the Everest story was just a way to sell the book, a way to make money out of it. The rest really reads like any other person's life. The style of alternating between his voice and that of other people (primarily his wife) was very disconcerting as well. I'd often lose track of who was speaking and have to flip back to pick that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home