It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Does 1.0 Matter Anymore?

Steven Garrity asks Does 1.0 Matter Anymore? I tend to agree. When your software is getting updated often, the version number doesn't mean quite as much, except to say "it's the latest." Might Microsoft have started something with their "year" versions, then ME and XP, and now Adobe with CS (Creative Suite)?

Getting closer to topics that Steven mentions, I'm running on Mozilla 1.4 and just reinstalled it for my sister as well. The pre-1.0 Mozillas didn't work out so well for me. I want to jump into Firebird and Thunderbird but I'm holding until 0.7 and 0.3 are released (respectively). I hear good things so far. Trillian (free version) seems to be eternally stuck on v0.74.

"Dribble-ware" definitely seems to be here, in "traditional" software and websites/apps alike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home