It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pleasant surprise

I opened our mail yesterday to find a check from our homeowners insurance - a sum of several hundred dollars. Confused as all get-out, I called our agent to find out what's going on - we had some confusion with the size of the house and some back & forth on the size of the house and a refund issued followed by my expectation of a bill for the difference when we got the square footage corrected.

But, I'm perusing our mortgage statement, and it shows a disbursment from escrow in the amount of our first year's premium. I was under the assumption that I had to pay that one out of pocket and that I'd be paying into escrow for 2007's premium. But, if this turn of events is correct, I won't argue - we'll take that little booster shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home