It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Hire me, please!

This is probably the first time I've said this somewhat publicly, in part for fear that my current employer will find out. But by chroniclers what I'm doing in the process, I'm hoping to keep myself more on track and more motivated. And given the changes going on at my current place of employment, I think everyone is at least taking steps to prepare for the possibility that they may be laid off.

I am looking for a new job. Due to upcoming changes in my life, I need to move to the Rochester, NY area.

To date, I have sent 11 resumes out for jobs I think I have a good shot at. I've received almost no response. This is probably par for the course in this job market. I've also been working with a recruiter, and received contact info for another recruiter from my friend Mike which I'll be acting upon today.

So, a little about me. I have been working professionally as a web developer for over 4 years now. I have worked on all aspects of web app development - requirements gathering, visual design, databases, coding, testing, deployment and administration. I have worked alone and with large teams. Thus far the majority of my experience is on the Microsoft Windows platform - ASP/VBScript running on Windows NT and Windows 2000. In addition, I have installed, configured and developed in the Vignette StoryServer environment through version 6. I've used both DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server for databases.

While my professional experience is comprised primarily of the systems listed above, I can quickly adapt to almost any environment.

I develop my applications as closely to the W3C standards as possible (for our internal, IE-only applications I have had to make concessions to meet user requirements). I recently have been gaining quite a bit of experience in visual design, and my skills in that area have increased significantly in a short period of time. I am also learning XML and XSL as part of my current project, which will use XML for much of the data exchange between systems. For this application, I am developing a very rich, dynamic user interface which is far more involved than any other I've used today.

My resume is available via the navigation on all my pages. If you are looking for a flexible, adaptable web developer or know anyone who is, please don't hesitate to contact me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home