It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

And the documentation continues

I'm now somewhere around 300 pieces of documentation in my wiki at work. It's progressign well, though I've mangled some of my cross-references and I'm missing quite a few items, judging by the results of the WantedPages macro I got for Trac. But I'm getting somewhere, and it's approaching the point where I can start comparing it to the system we need to hook up to.

I just hope I don't have to redo it all. It's taken me 2 weeks to get to where I am right now, which is about 80% complete.

2 Comments:

  • Per our previous converstation, many of the guys (who are old school) LOVE the idea of a wiki to keep all of our Unix documentation on. They want to run it on an existing server, but I want to put it on a lone Linux box that I can be the owner of :)

    Thanx for the ideas. By the way, if the wiki you are using is user friendly enough, we may try it.

    By Blogger Enos Straitt, at 3/31/2006 6:54 AM  

  • As noted, I'm using Trac. I reviewed my progress so far with my sort-of boss this morning and it sound like he's interested in moving forward with the tool on a wider basis.

    Setup wasn't too hard, just had to install a couple add-ons after I put Python SQLite & Trac on the box. Linux distros might have the installation a little more streamlined via their packaging systems.

    It's a pretty nice wiki system. It's really meant to work in conjunction with a Subversion repository and might even require you have one running. It'll play nice on a server with other things running, you don't need it on its own box. It's written in Python and very extensible, if you know Python :)

    By Blogger dakboy, at 3/31/2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home