It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Weekend routine, or routine weekend?

We worked about 2 1/2 hours this morning, before the heat & sun got to be too much to bear. My wife weeded out front and removed the plant that smells like cat urine, as the smell was filling the house. I pulled out the lawnmower and attempted to sharpen the blades. I'm not sure how much I really accomplished, as the blades were really, really dull.

But, the big news! We've mowed our front yard for the first time. It looks infinitely better now - even, the weeds are cut down, it looks a lot less ragged.

After mowing, I attacked some of our many bags of lawn debris. We had been just piling as much as we could into cheap black plastic bags for disposal later. Unfortunately, this meant that the bags were all torn to some degree, the plant material had started decomposing, the bags and garbage cans had started collecting water...it's a mess. I dumped as much water as I could, then emptied one barrel right into our regular trash bin. That was one of the most vile smells I have ever encountered. The water alone was bad. The rotting plant material was just heinous. In all, I bagged up 9 34 gallon UltraFlex bags, and have easily 5 or 6 more to fill, just based on what old bags remain.

I'm planning on emptying the shed and reorganizing that this weekend, maybe even tonight. We'll see. There's a lot of stuff in there and it's just a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home