It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why no LASIK?

For several years, people have asked me pretty regularly why I haven't opted for LASIK or other eye surgery, to eliminate my need for eyeglasses. I've always had a number of excuses: it's expensive, I like how I look in glasses, I don't like stuff touching my eye, the whole idea creeps me out, and I know things can go wrong - and you only get one set of eyes.

This week, yet another solid argument. My eyes just aren't stable. I've been wearing glasses for more than half my life now. For quite a while, my prescriptions got progressively stronger and stronger. But lately I've been getting really bad headaches, especially from the computer. Finally got into the optometrist and lo and behold, my prescription has changed again! Last year, it was made weaker by two steps on the right and one step on the left. This year, the same adjustment was made.

So...right now, still no eye surgery for me. Spending that money and then having things change again and ruining my vision completely is out of the question.

1 Comments:

  • I feel the same way. My vision goes back and forth...getting better, getting worse..it is not stable at all. I can get healthy discounts to have this done, but it will still cost me a couple of grand that could be spent in other areas.

    By Blogger Enos Straitt, at 11/17/2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home