It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Minor update

  • 2 coats of paint on the upstairs bedroom trim. It's really helping the color scheme in there.
  • Installed some outlet & switch sealers on a few exterior-wall outlets & switches to protect against drafts.
  • The dumpster was removed today. We have our driveway back!
  • Removed the masking tape from the crowm moulding in the kitchen. A word of warning: do not let this stuff sit for a few weeks after you've painted. It becomes much harder to remove. I didn't lose any paint, but did need a razor blade to remove it all.
  • Cleaned up the dining room table some, as it'll be used this weekend/next week, and we're going to be putting a rug under it Saturday.
  • I really need to clean up my little desk area here so the cats have somewhere to hang out with me

2 Comments:

  • I know it is more expensive, but we only use 3M blue painters tape. It acan stay on 2-3 weeks without any problems.

    Normal masking tape can stay on 3 days MAX.

    Food for thought Dak. Trust me on this, my wife has done a lot of standard painting the past 2 years.

    By Blogger Enos Straitt, at 2/17/2006 9:32 AM  

  • We did use the 3M blue painter's tape (check the link).

    By Blogger dakboy, at 2/17/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home