It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

TIM-BUUUURRRR!

It's no secret that we had some seriously high winds on Friday here in NY. I got a call from my wife when she got home telling me that we'd lost a tree in the backyard. One of the larger trees about halfway up the hill in the backyard twisted, split and fell due east. Fortunately, it didn't hit any property, but it needs to get taken care of. It could very easily roll down the hill, if not for the several trees holding it up.

I'll have to go over and meet the neighbor on that side of the house tomorrow if/when we get a chainsaw over here so we can clean up. This is the second tree we've lost on the property, the first coming down before we took posession (but that one was dead and rotten; this one, I'm not so sure just yet). Looking at some of our other trees with a more critical eye, I think we've got 2 or 3 more that will need to come down soon as they look pretty sick and the last thing we need is to have trees falling on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home