It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Venison - it's what's for dinner

Had my first taste of venison last night, in the form of venison sausage. It was terrific - had I not been told it was venison, I may not have known it. Now, the real trick - finding places to buy more.

What really surprised me was that a die-hard vegetarian was eating this venison right alongside me. Turns out that venison is OK by him because unlike beef, chicken, pork, etc., hunting deer and cooking the meat is a predator/prey relationship and a natural occurrance. Livestock is raised to be slaughtered and nothing more. Plus, venison is a lot leaner than beef or pork.

1 Comments:

  • Thefirst venison I ever had was in Lun, Sweden. It was farm raised and was very tender, without any fat that I could see. It had some sort of gravy with it and was served with roasted potatoes. MMMmmmm.

    By Blogger Enos Straitt, at 6/05/2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home