It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

One step closer to cold Fusion?

Went away for the weekend and discovered that I'd forgotten my trusty Gillette Mach 3 Turbo at home. I had last shaved on Thursday, so by Saturday morning things were getting pretty ugly. So, I zipped out to the local supermarket to pick one up for the weekend.

They had both the Mach 3 Turbo and Gillette's new "Fusion" razor, for the same price. Actually, after the supermarket's "saver club" card, the Fusion was about $2 cheaper. I had sworn I'd never spend the kind of money on a razor that this device commanded, but figured with the discount, I was saving money, so why not give it a shot?

Unfortunately, I don't have a card for that chain, and they wouldn't cut me any slack at the register, so I paid full price - same price I would have paid for the Mach 3, so it's not like I wasted money on the deal.

The verdict? Well, the razor seemed to work better than the Mach 3, but I've had similar first impressions each time I've changed shaving devices. It's just a matter of "different", not necessarily immediately better. The razor cartridge is huge and I felt like it was flopping around a lot on my face. The 6th blade on the back side, for trimming, is a nice touch. We'll see how the razor performs through this head and the second cartridge it came with. I'll keep the handle around, but I really don't think I'll be buying replacement cartridges unless there's a price advantage to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home