It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Why fix when you can replace?

I tried finding parts for the fluorescent light fixture that quit on us last week. From what I can tell, it's the electronic ballast that's broken. The part number appears to be 49NK, and it says that a Class "P" electronic ballast is required for proper operation. I have yet to find this mythical device in Home Depot or Lowes. I may have found it online, but at $33 each per shipping, is it even worth replacing this part? For a similar price, I can replace the whole fixture with something that works better for our needs in the closet.

1 Comments:

  • No. It's not.

    I helped my parents replace some balasts in their fluorescent lights in the kitchen a few years ago. They were almost as expensive as a new light, equally difficult to install, and almost immediately had similar problems. I'd suggest replacing them

    -Hresh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home