It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ugh...drywall

My brother in law told me before we started on our drywall adventure how much he hates mudding and taping and...I might have to agree. I think we've done OK for our first time out, but it's definitely not something I want to do a lot of.

Patched up a couple holes in the drywall that we aren't replacing last night while my wife applied the second coat to the joints. The patches I got are 7"x7" squares of fiberglass mesh with an adhesive backing. Stick it on, then cover with joint compound, sand, and put on more compound, just like taping seams in regular drywall. Hopefully things will come out looking alright. We'll be using moulding and baseboards to cover up some of the other flaws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home