It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Approaching 400

I'm now approaching 400 items in my documentation wiki at work. The good news is, I'm also approaching 90% complete, the way I figure it. I tried to pull a static copy of everything to hand out to other people, but the only way I could find to do it was weget. Which resulted in tens of thousands of files, many of them "old versions" of pages which I have no need for, and about 1 GB of my hard drive consumed. Plus a mess of other problems. I cut it down to about 100 MB and set up a batch file which would fake the environmental conditions needed to open the pages without editing paths in all of them, and that pretty much worked. Ideally, I'll just move my Trac environment over to the real server and not have to worry about it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home