It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

IE funkiness

I discovered something funky with Internet Explorer 6 a couple weeks ago. As I've noted here before, I'm wriging my documenation for my project at work in HTML wherever I can. I printed my full spec document out, and found something really weird that I'd never seen before.

I set a text-indent on paragraphs for readbility and style, via CSS. Everything looks great on screen. When I printed the document, I found that for any paragraph that spanned a page break, IE indented the text of the paragraph's first line on the second page!

It's not a huge deal, but I found it curious. I haven't tested with IE7 yet (IE7 isn't allowed at work, and I don't want to mess with my system at home), nor have I been able to chase down reports of this behavior elsewhere online.

Bug, or proper behavior per the W3C spec?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home