It's more than a house. It's an adventure.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rebates, rebates, rebates

I could kick myself. I went through my Lowe's paperwork today to fill out the rebate forms for my "free" waster/dryer delivery and my $50 gift card. Only to find out that the delivery rebate requires a copy of the signed delivery sheet. Which I threw out. Oh well, at least I'll still get the $50 Lowe's gift card.

Yesterday, we discovered that the Bosch wipers on my wife's car were in bad shape. They didn't wipe well at all. So we stopped at Pep Boys while we were out and, after much searching of the store (they had wiper blades scattered everywhere), I found the "real" rack and settled on a set with the Rain-X brand. I ended up going for their most expensive model as there was a buy one get one free mail-in rebate deal on those. So, $34.98 of wipers becomes a respectable $17.99. I normally like SilBlade wipers (I've had 3 sets, including one set on my current car which went on the week I bought it), but have trouble finding them locally and the metal bits tend to rust pretty quickly. These Rain-X blades look to be pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home